Sunday 11 March 2012

Avatar Photography.

Whilst looking into modelling for this project, I came across a model who had worked on a cyborg style shoot with this photographer...


I find that site quite difficult to use regarding seeing the photographs so some can be seen more clearly here (be sure to turn the worksafe mode off at the top right of the page) 
 http://www.modelmayhem.com/368557



Here are some of the images from the cyborg shoot, that I have taken from the models facebook page who I am friends with (hence the low quality, if you can find them on the photographers site they will no doubt look much better!)











The colours and lighting within these images is very impressive, but what I am most drawn to is the fact that whilst the model is still naked and sexualised, she has become somewhat of a "monster" and is looking very scary. Her cyborg features remind me of the work of Fan Xiaoyan, as they seem to burden her rather than be practical or helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment