Wednesday 15 February 2012

Fritz Kahn Research.

- German illustrator and writer.


Kahn's work focused on how technology was effecting the world around him during the 1920s. This was a time when industry was beginning to have a large impact and things such as electricity, aeroplanes, telephones etc had been introduced and were altering everyday life. The illustrations of Kahn explored how the human body would work as though it were a machine or factory, as I feel that they portray a dystopian view on technology, in the sense that the human body would no longer be needed to work in the same way as before, and that it was being altered so much by technology that it was almost becoming a machine itself.





Whilst I am unsure of the route I am going to take with this project, I feel that the work of Kahn may have an influence on this as I do enjoy his images and feel I can related to the reasons behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment